Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Cashley versus reality

This one is just for ToE’s lurking Spurs-supporter:

Somewhere along the A406 North Circular Road, one telephone call changed everything about how I viewed and felt about Arsenal.

“Ash! Are you listening?” said a virtually hyperventilating Jonathan. “I’m here in the office and David Dein is saying they aren’t going to give you £60k a week. They’ve agreed £55k and this is their best and final offer. Are you happy with that?”

When I heard Jonathan repeat the figure of £55k, I nearly swerved off the road. “He is taking the piss, Jonathan!” I yelled down the phone. I was so incensed. I was trembling with anger. I couldn’t believe what I’d heard. I suppose it all started to fall apart for me from then on.


From Ashley Cole’s autobiography, published this week in The Times, and surely the most whingeing, snivelling, greedy, unpleasant piece of self-pitying but unself-aware garbage ever to disgrace humanity.

I could barely read it, and nor could James Lawton in The Independent , nor anyone at Football365.

1 comment:

annalouise said...

He has a point. Who can live on £55k per week. Shocking.